Dr Deshpande studied medicine at Manchester University and did her undergraduate electives at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester and Mount Sinai Hospital in New York. She returned to the UK and worked as a GP in Blackpool, Manchester and London. Her passion was always to combine art and medicine and so she embarked on cosmetic medicine training in the UK.
Tiring of the weather, she came to New Zealand in 2006 to work as a GP locum in Gisborne.
She married a Kiwi boy and between 2011 and 2016 they had three children together. In 2008 she founded Skin Deep, a cosmetic medicine clinic which quickly expanded as her reputation spread as a friendly thorough doctor who gets results for her patients.
As demand grew she gained qualifications and experience in cosmetic medicine, phlebology (varicose vein treatment), dermatology and skin cancer medicine.
- MBcHB (Manchester) 2001
- Dip NZSCM (NZ) 2011 Diploma New Zealand Society of Cosmetic Medicine
- FRNZCGP (NZ) 2013 Fellow New Zealand College of General Practitioners
- Dip Microsclerotherapy (Australia) 2013 Australasian College of Phlebology
- Dip Practical Dermatology (Cardiff) 2014
- Cert Ultrasound in Phlebology (Australia) 2015
- Dip Procedural Phlebology (Australia) 2015
- Cert Skin Cancer Medicine (Australia) 2017
- Cert in Dermoscopy (Australia) 2017
- Cert in Advanced Skin Cancer Surgery (Australia) 2018